Minimum Requirements of CTR Law, RCW 70.94.531
- Appoint Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) and post name/phone prominently
- Annual information distribution to all employees about employer's CTR program
Report annually to jurisdiction (Spokane County)
- Measure results (conduct survey) every 2 years
- Make a good faith effort to achieve CTR goals
- Develop and implement CTR program, with at least two strong program elements, to meet CTR goals.
What is “Good Faith Effort”
"Good Faith Effort" is defined in the updated CTR Law as follows: "Employers implementing commute trip reduction programs are expected to undertake good faith efforts to achieve the goals outlined in RCW 70.94.527 (4). Employers are considered to be making a good faith effort if the following conditions have been met:
- the employer has met the minimum requirements identified in RCW 70.94.531; and
- the employer is working collaboratively with its jurisdiction to continue its existing program or is developing and implementing program modifications likely to result in improvements to the program over an agreed upon length of time."
Section 4. RCW 70.94.534 and 1991 c 202 s 14