May is all about two-wheeled human powered transportation, that’s right we’re talking about bikes!
It’s National Bike and Bike Everywhere Spokane month and the Spokane Bicycle Club has got loads of events planned for National Bike to Work Week as well.
Here are just a few:
- Mon 16, 7-9AM | Pancake Breakfast in Riverfront Park
- Wed, 18 6:00PM | Ride of Silence
- Fri 20, 7-9AM | Energizer Stations Celebrating Bike to Work Day
- Fri, 20, 8:15AM | City of Spokane Bike to Work Ride
- un 22, 1:00PM | Bike Tour of Corbin Park Neighborhood
The goal of a month dedicated to celebrating the bike and all these events, is to encourage people to get out and enjoy a life behind bars, handle bars that is! So, there is no better time to give commuting by bicycle a try! And if you need more convincing, just consider these points:
- Bicycling is just plain fun and it can make you feel like a kid again!
- It’s good for your health; it’s an easy way to get in your 30 minutes of daily recommended exercise.
- It’s good for your mental health as well, people aren’t meant to be cooped up inside and that includes those metal boxes with four wheels called cars!
- The price of a bike is far cheaper than a car, that includes the maintenance and gas to keep it running too!
- You help reduce traffic congestion, fuel consumption and air pollution helping to make the Inland Northwest a better place to live, work and play!
- You could WIN!
The more you participate, the more You could WIN!
- Participate 5X, you could WIN 1 of 10 $25 gift cards!
- Participate 10X, you could WIN 1 of 5 $50 gift cards!
- Participate 15X, you could WIN 1 of 3 $100 gift cards or the Grand Prize of a $250 gift card!
Should I go on or would you like to know how you can WIN? Bike, carpool, ride the bus, walk, vanpool or telework once in May and keep track of it on your commute calendar and you’ll automatically be entered. It’s that simple.
Now hop on that bike and peddle your way to work, school, errands, everywhere!
STA Routes & Schedules - Riding the bus is easy and convenient. Find the route and schedule that works best for you.
STA Vanpool Info - Why put miles on your personal car, when you can put them on a STA owned van?
STA Park and Ride Lots - Don't live near a bus stop, go to the nearest park and ride and catch the bus.
Bike Map provided by Spokane Regional Transportation Council
CommuteFinderNW - find a carpool partner or join a vanpool
Telework - find out more and how to get a telework program started