Benefits to a Guaranteed Ride Home Program
A Guaranteed Ride Home program is one of the most important elements of a successful Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) program. Most drivers fear using an alternative commute option because they think they will be trapped at work if an emergency arises or they have to work overtime. A guaranteed ride home program ensures employees will be able to get home. It takes the fear and anxiety out of using alternative modes and provides increased commuting choices for employees.
Benefits of Guaranteed Ride Home Programs:
- Encourages increased employee participation in carpooling, vanpooling, bicycling, walking and riding the bus at relatively low cost to employer
- Provides high sense of security for employees by eliminating primary employee barrier to using alternative commuting options
- Enhances and supports overall worksite CTR program
- Provides an incentive for those who already rideshare, take the bus, bike or walk to keep doing it!
Additional Benefits to Spokane's Guaranteed Ride Home Program. The program is:
- Easy to Use - GRH coordinator approves trip and calls taxi cab, allowing employee quick access to an emergency taxi ride.
- Cost-Effective - Employer makes a small annual deposit to participate in program and employee enjoys free emergency taxi ride
- Flexible - Employer exercises discretion in deciding how to use GRH program at worksite, based on unique circumstances. Employee can access emergency taxi service 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy to Administer - Employer is provided with the GRH Program Employer Guide, which fully describes program. A minimal amount of administration time is needed to fully implement and run Spokane's GRH Program at the worksite.
- Easy to Promote - Pre-printed marketing materials are provided to all participating employers, including a payroll stuffer and flyer to introduce the GRH program to employees; poster for on-going promotions of GRH program and the alternatives to driving alone; camera-ready GRH program logos; GRH Program Employee User Card outlining steps to take a ride; and sample newsletter articles.
Spokane's GRH Program provides employers with a cost-effective way to offer one of the most compelling strategies available, in order to reduce employee commute trips.
For more information on getting a Guaranteed Ride Home program started, please contact Commute Smart Northwest at 509-477-7650.