May is all about two-wheeled human powered transportation, that’s right we’re talking about bikes!
It’s National Bike and Bike Everywhere Spokane month and the Spokane Bicycle Club has got loads of events planned for National Bike to Work Week as well. Here are just a few:
- Monday, May 13th – Kickoff Breakfast
- Tuesday, May 14th – Energizer Stations
- Wednesday, May 15th – Ride of Silence
- Thursday, May 16th – “Spokane in Motion” Talk
- Friday, May 17th – Pizza, Drinks & Prizes
The goal of a month dedicated to celebrating the bike and all these events, is to encourage people to get out and enjoy a life behind bars, handle bars that is! So, there is no better time to give commuting by bicycle a try!
And if you need more convincing, just consider these points:
- Bicycling is just plain fun and it can make you feel like a kid again!
- It’s good for your health; it’s an easy way to get in your daily dose of recommended exercise.
- It’s good for your mental health as well, people aren’t meant to be cooped up inside and that includes those metal boxes with four wheels called cars!
- The price of a bike is far cheaper than a car, that includes the maintenance and gas to keep it running too!
- You help reduce traffic congestion, fuel consumption and air pollution helping to make the Inland Northwest a better place to live, work and play!
Should I go on or would you like to know how you can WIN? Each time you carpool, ride the bus, walk, bike, or vanpool in May and track it on your commute calendar you’ll automatically be entered to WIN. It’s that simple. Now hop on that bike and peddle your way to work, school, errands, everywhere!